Afterschool Program FAQs
1. When does enrollment begin?
We will start filling spots starting the week of June 21. To begin the enrollment process, you will need to fill out our interest form and we will reach out to you through email.
2. When do the after school programs start and end?
Mon, August 16 through Wed, June 1
3. What is the registration fee used for?
The registration fee is a one time fee for new students, unless specified.
4. How do I secure a spot in your afterschool program?
Pay the registration fee, and first month program and material fees to secure your spot.
5. Will I receive a refund on the registration, monthly and material fees if I cancel before the program starts on August 16?
You will receive a refund minus a transaction fee of $25 when your spot is filled. We do not guarantee a refund if your cancellation is not received by 11:59pm on August 2. You must submit a cancellation to email@example.com by August 2 (10 business days).
6. Do you offer the afterschool programs during school holidays and breaks?
No. We offer a full day camp on school holidays and breaks. Families must be actively enrolled in our afterschool program to receive a $12 discount per camp day. Our office will send notice of upcoming camps and associated discount codes when camps become available.
7. Do you prorate the monthly and material fees?
Only for the month of August we will prorate the progress fee by 50% because the program starts on August 16. All other months the fee is a flat fee as listed on the Afterschool Program link. We will not charge for the month of June’22 because there are only 2 days of school.
8. How can I cancel the program during the school year?
Cancellation must be made 10 business days prior to the first of the month or a charge of 25% of monthly program fee will be applied. You must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to formally cancel your membership.
9. Do you prorate if I cancel midway through the month?
No. We rely on your full payment to cover our expenses.
10. Do you prorate for missed days? No
11. What is your sick policy?
If your child is sick, even with a cold, we recommend that your child stay home until symptoms are resolved. If your child has pre-existing conditions, we ask that you contact us at email@example.com. All health information remains private and only shared to those who are supporting the programs.
12. Can I decrease or increase the number of days my child(ren) will attend?
Yes. You can fill out the following form to specify the change: Afterschool Program Change Notice.The change will start the following month or unless you specify otherwise.
13. Can I change the specific days my children will attend?
We recommend that you maintain the specific days your children will attend throughout a given month. You can request a change and the change will start the following month or unless you specify otherwise. You can fill out the following form to specify the change: Afterschool Program Change Notice.
14. What kind of activities do you offer students?
We offer a wide range of science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) hands-on projects and activities for students. A weekly summary is shared to you in advance for your preview.
15. Can I change my children from one afterschool program to another?
Yes if we have spots available. You can request a change and the change will start the following month or unless you specify otherwise. You can fill out the following form to specify the change: Afterschool Program Change Notice.
16. What is your teacher to student ratio?
1-5 or 1:8. We maintain small groups of 10-16 students in the Curiosity Club program and up to 20 students in the Curiosity Explorers program with a 1:10.
17. What happens on rainy days?
We recommend parents send their children with proper rain gear. Staff overseeing the Curiosity Club may choose to bring the students back to STEMful earlier than outlined in the schedule outlined on our Afterschool Program link.
Students in the Curiosity Explorers program will still have their program outdoors rain or shine.
18. Will STEMful offer the programs on bad air quality days?
STEMful will close if the AQI reaches 150 or above for a sustained period, as well if the forecast predicts it will remain above 151. If your child is especially sensitive to pollution and you have concerns about the exposure to air in the “orange” 101-150 range, we will contact you. We recommend sending your children with KN95 or N95 masks on poor air quality days. If we close, we will prorate you. If you choose to keep your children at home on days when the air quality is in the 101-150 range, we will NOT prorate you for those missed days.
19. Who can I contact for early pick-up?
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-660-5975.