4.5-10 years old
Our afterschool programs aim to create an environment of excitement and hands-on engagement of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics (STEAM) in everyday life, with the goal of building the will and skill for lifelong learning. The mix between project-based structured activities and open-ended play-based exploration provides kids a variety of ways to build dynamic knowledge about STEAM while they have fun! The concepts explored in our afterschool programs complement and enhance your child’s standard school curriculum. We are currently offering programs for TK to 5th grade.
Our Curiosity Club focuses on teaching students STEAM by filling each afternoon with investigations and explorations that will pique children’s curiosity and creativity, building skills that will last a lifetime.
Curiosity Club Schedule
Location: Upper Noe Valley Park and STEMful
2:00-3:45 pm: (adjusted for early release day and parent-teacher conference week)
- STEMful Staff Pick-up students at school
- Parent drop-off at Noe Valley Park (Day St & 30th St)
- Car Service Drop-off
2:15-4:00 pm: Outdoor Play Time
4:00-4:15 pm: Arrive from park to STEMful
4:15-5:30 pm: CircleTime – Community Meeting, STEM Exploration (Focused Project/Investigation), Indoor Group Activity
5:30-6:00 pm: Clean Up, Free Play, Pick-up at STEMful
HOW IT WORKS
We are offering 2-5 days per week. You can pick and choose which days of the week you would like; however, you must maintain that number of days until the end of the program or until you cancel your membership.
Program Dates: 8/17-6/2, we follow the SFUSD calendar.
2022-2023 Black Out Dates
Our afterschool programs will not be offered on the following school holidays and breaks.
2022: Labor Day (9/05), Indigenous Day (10/10), Veterans Day (11/11), Thanksgiving Week (11/21-11/25), Winter Holiday (12/19-12/30)
2023: Winter Holiday (1/2), Martin Luther King Jr Day (1/16), Lunar New Year (1/23), Presidents’ Day (2/20) Spring Break (3/27-3/31), Memorial Day (5/29)
Registration Fees & Membership Cost
New members: $250 registration fee (one time fee, if your child previously registered for the afterschool program and it was waived or you paid a prorate fee, you must pay this fee)
Monthly Membership, Material, Car Service Fees
Our programs support families from many different schools around the community and the start time is based on school dismissal time.
STEMful Staff will pick up your children at the following schools: Dolores Huerta, Junipero Serra, and Junipero Serra Annex. A pick-up authorization form will be provided to you prior to the start of the school year.
Monthly Program Fee
From 2:00-6:00pm Mon-Tues, Thurs-Fri, with Wed early release and parent-teacher conference week accommodations.
2-days: $370, $325 (sibling)
3-days: $490, $445 (sibling)
4-days: $578, $533 (sibling)
5-days: $680, $635 (sibling)
Monthly Material Fee
Car Service Fee
- Service can provide rides to 2-4 children from the same school
- Requires up to 24h advance notice without penalty of the full-service cost
- STEMful manages all rides on parent’s behalf and charges rides daily
IN A PINCH?
New to our program: drop-ins. This is for an occasional need when you can’t pick up your children from school, but they have no other place to go. Ideal for families in the surrounding neighborhoods of Mission-Bernal Heights. We provide pick-ups at Junipero Serra, Junipero Serra Annex and Dolores Huerta.
POLICIES FOR MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP
- Program and material fees are automatically billed monthly
- No refund on the registration fee
- No prorate on miss days
- Students must stay home if sick
- Cancellation must be made 10 business days prior to the first of the month or a charge of 25% of monthly program fee will be applied, you must send an email to email@example.com to formally cancel your membership
- Programs will be canceled on bad air quality above 150 AQI
- Car service cancellations must be made up to 24 hours in advance without a penalty of the full-service cost
Stay in the loop for future programs your child will love!