At STEMful, our team of educators spend their time connecting with students,while honing leadership skills and making a real impact on future leaders! Our positions offer team members a unique opportunity to help students uncover hidden talents, while pursuing their own personal and professional goals and passions. We encourage team members to spend time developing translatable and transferable professional skills (i.e. mentoring and classroom management) while growing social emotional learning skills side by side with the students (i.e. collaboration, empathy and problem solving).
Our Site Assistant is to assist our teachers in preparing class and camp material, organizing and managing site material and supplies, ordering material and supplies, and upkeep of the education studio. This position is ideal for a candidate who has some experience with working with children or seeking to gain more experience working with children in a classroom setting.
More About Us:
STEMful is a science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) education studio that has been inspiring kids to be curious, engaged since 2017. Our camp and classes offer hands-on, interactive and fun projects and activities for every student. At STEMful we are dedicated to cultivating an urban community that sprouts lifelong curiosity through hands-on, engaging learning experiences in STEAM. We encourage curiosity and resourcefulness, creating a sense of purpose, innovation, and self-expression. To learn more about STEMful, visit sf-stemful.com.
- Setup and prepare for classes, afterschool programs and camps
- Clean-up and return materials and supplies to designated locations
- Assist teachers during program transition, and outdoor playground time
- Assist in picking up students on school campus
- Assist in the regular maintenance and upkeep of the site
- Assist in purchasing materials, planning inventory and ensuring classes, camps, and other events run efficiently.
If you are missing any of the qualifications listed below, or only have experience/expertisein one subject area please don’t be discouraged! Please still apply if you are enthusiastic about this work and think you would be a strong fit.
Preferred qualifications are:
- At least 6 months working with children in the 3.5-10 year range
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; comfortable with multitasking
- Ability to receive feedback
- Ability to self manage
- Ability to be a cross-functional team player: flexible and able to support the organization and other members of the team when needed
- Professional attitude during communication with parents
- Professionalism and positive attitude in the workplace
- Submit background check through Live Scan and TB clearance
- Submit Covid-19 vaccination card
This is a permanent position beginning in April 2023
To be considered: please email your resume, a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and why you would be a great addition to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.