Join Us in a Class!
Students are welcomed to play in the Play Space for 30 min after class with caregiver supervision.
Fall-Winter Session 9/04-12/20
Important Notes on our Classes :
- Drop-in available ONLY for Mini STEAMster, Toddler STEAM and Saturday STEM LEGO Classes
- Story Time is FREE from 9:30-10:00am (no registration required, but you need to fill in the waiver on site)
- Toddler STEAM Parent/Child from 10:00-10:45am (Saturday)
- DEMO Toddler STEAM Parent/Child Class: Wednesday, 9/6 from 9:30-10:15am and Saturday, 9/8 from 10:00-10:45am
- Saturday STEM LEGO Class is for 4+ years old (drop-off or care giver can be in the classroom)
- All classes are PRO-RATED after the start date.
- SAVE Money on purchasing a 10 Class Drop-In Flexi Pass – Learn more here.
- Refund Policy: We do not provide refunds. We can accommodate you in another class or provide with a credit to use in future programs.
- Make-Up Policy: You are allowed up to 2 make-up classes for Toddler STEAM, Mini STEAMster and Little STEAMster when you signed up for the full series. Please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangement.
- Little Bears Music 45 min classes are offered by Little Bears Music. Click here to learn more and register for music classes.
|9:00-9:45am||Little Bears Music*|
|9:30-10:15am||Story Time*||Toddler STEAM||Toddler STEAM||Story Time*||Story Time*|
|10:00-10:45am||Little Bears Music*|
|10:00-11:00am||Little STEAMster||Mini STEAMster||Little STEAMster||Mini STEAMster||Toddler STEAM*|
|11:00-12:00pm||Mini STEAMster||Little STEAMster||Mini STEAMster||Little STEAMster||STEM LEGO* (ages 4+)|
|3:30-4:30pm||Junior STEAMster: STEM LEGO||Junior STEAMster: STEM LEGO|
|4:30-5:30pm||Junior STEAMster: Sensational Science||STEAMster: Scratch||Junior STEAMster: Scracth Junior||STEAMster: Circuits & Lights|
- Ages 1.5-2.5 yr old
- Parent must accompany child for entire duration of class
- Ages 2.5-4 yrs old
- Must be potty trained and have bathroom independence
- Must be 2.5 yrs old to enroll
- Ages 3.5-5 yrs old
- Must be potty trained and have bathroom independence
- Must be 3.5 yrs old to enroll
- Ages 5-7 yrs old or Grades K-1
- Must be at least 5 years old
- Must be currently enrolled in Kindergarten or 1st Grade
- Must be an Emergent Reader
Ages 7-11 yrs old or Grades 2-5
- Must be currently enrolled in 2nd grade or above
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and basic math
Parent-Toddler – Toddlers and parents bond and play while learning about Science, Technology, Art, Engineering and Mathematics. Created for 1.5-2.5 yrs old who are accompanied by an adult, toddler STEAM combines early childhood learning formats and image based movement to build literacy for later STEAM learning. Hands on math and science activities support development of early math skills and scientific inquiry while songs and stories build language comprehension.
Mini STEAMster – Mini STEAMsters is designed to support children ages 2.5-4 yrs old in developing the social skills needed for independent and group learning with a focus on STEAM. Stories and art inspired activities are integrated inside the curriculum to create a developmentally appropriate learning experience.
Little STEAMster – Little STEAMsters classes are designed to engage learners ages 3.5-5 yrs old in STEAM with games, art, and play based learning to develop early learning skills.
Junior STEAMster and STEAMster
Sensational Science – Science is all around us! In Sensational Science, students will explore the world around them using foundational scientific concepts as their lens. The first weeks of class will focus on biology, ranging from cell structures to adaptations and evolution. Biological investigations will include extracting DNA from a strawberry, creating a double-helix strand with candy, and collecting and examining cheek and onion cells under the microscope. Lessons in comparative biology will go on to explore evolution and adaptations through examining our closest living relative, the chimpanzee. In following weeks, students will delve into chemistry and the elements, including chemical reactions, color change chemistry, and the chemistry behind making and deconstructing slime. The final weeks of class will wrap up with physics, including the laws of motion and energy. Physics projects will include creating catapults, balloon powered vehicles, and marble roller coasters. Sensational Science is a great way for kids to dig into all things science and encourage their curiosity in the world around them!
Circuits and Lights – In Circuits and Lights, students learn to construct and test circuits with a variety of materials and approaches to make fun projects. Students will learn about energy and electricity that surrounds us and gain valuable critical thinking and problem solving skills. Projects include creating squishy circuits with conductive playdough, constructing solar night lights, engineering LED circuit cards and constellation star maps, just to name a few! Circuit activities are an engaging, hands-on way for student to learn about electricity and foster skills in STEM.
STEM LEGO – STEM-LEGO® is a 60 min class that explores science, architecture, engineering and technology concepts using LEGO® Bricks. Each week students focused on exciting themes such as Space, Inventions, Famous Buildings, Physics and much more.
Classes follow the Bricks 4 Kidz® motto: We Learn, We Build, We Play with… LEGO® Bricks.
We Learn – Teachers provide a 5-10 minute themed lesson
We Build – Students build the model of the day with simple step by step instructions
We Play – Students explore their own creativity through free play time
Coding with Scratch – Scratch is more than a coding language. It’s a community. Developed by MIT, Scratch offers individual accounts and an easy to use drag and drop interface. It is an excellent platform for learning the basics of coding while and sharing original games, stories, and animations.
Our coding with SCRATCH classes will teach kids how to use appropriate technology to access and navigate the SCRATCH interface and develop skills for using SCRATCH functions. Each class weaves in storytelling elements to develop awareness of narrative design in games and animations. Classes progresses from skill building, to ideation, to creation as kids develop and grow their abilities.
Scratch Juniors (Session 1 and 2) – Learners (ages 5-6) will be introduced to the basics of coding methodology using Scratch Junior on tablets. Scratch Jr. is a coding app developed for early learners using pictures and symbols in a drag and drop approach. Instructors will use physical group games and exercises to introduce coding concepts. Team building, games and story writing create an immersive and fun learning environment. No experience necessary.