We are looking for a full time Site Coordinator (35-40 hrs/week) to assist in the planning, coordination, and facilitation of events and activities for our organization’s operations, headquartered at a commercial space (located in San Francisco) that specializes in teaching STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) to children ages 1-12 years old. The space also offers a daily drop-in option for parents to stay and engage in STEM related activities with their children. The Site Coordinator will support the Operations Manager in the daily operations and maintenance of the site during open hours to the public, and will also support site logistics, including program development and facilitation, and will work closely with the operations manager, directors, and assistant in two core businesses: STEMful and Bricks 4 Kidz.
More About Us:
STEMful recently opened in San Francisco as a community space that specializes in STEM educational programs for kids ages 1-12 years old during off school hours. It is open during normal business hours for parents and children to drop in and engage in STEM through the toys, books and other educational classes that we make available on-site. We offer daily playpass options for parents to drop in with their kids, playgroups, workshops, camps, birthday parties, date nights and event venue in our 2475 sq ft, 2-level community play and education space.
Bricks 4 Kidz is a specialized educational program that goes beyond the core curriculum and introduces science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) to children ranging from 3.5-12 years of age. While the curriculum is developed with the STEM skillsets in mind, the actual lessons are designed through play using LEGO® bricks. Our mission is to introduce, engage and encourage young children through positive experience and hands-on learning. Within San Francisco, we tailor to a diverse group of children, neighborhoods, and communities. We are a small, but growing business with a mission to inspire children towards STEM learning!
- Prior experience involving work with children and customer service
- Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Be self-directed and able to work in support of a team
- Reliable transportation or ability to effectively navigate public transit options
- Be willing to submit to a background check through Live Scan (DOJ/FBI)/TB test
- Great networking skills
- Great multi-tasking abilities
- Experience in purchasing materials, planning inventory and ensuring events run efficiently
- The candidate must be available at least 4-5 days per week, including possible weekend scheduling.
- Cater to clients’ concerns
- Utilize Square P.O.S. Systems to process charges for clients and guests.
- Ensure that the daily routine of the educational service space runs smoothly and consistently, maintained in alignment with specifications and quality requirements set by the Managing Director
- Design, implement and oversee weekly STEAM projects
- Assist in the regular maintenance and upkeep of the site
- Assist in maintenance of database records.
- Assist in purchasing materials, planning inventory and ensuring classes, camps, and other events process run efficiently.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead execution for featured site activities and programming (I.E. Date Nights, Weekly Featured Activities, Etc.)
- Complete other special assignments as needed>
- Report directly to Operations Manager
Additional duties and opportunities within the organization can be tailored to the candidate depending on their interests, skills, and goals.
The position will begin immediately.
To learn more about STEMful and Bricks 4 Kidz SF, see:
To be considered: please email your resume, a cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and why you would be a great addition to our team email@example.com.